Welcome to Blackhawk
Blackhawk is an unincorporated master planned community located in Contra Costa County, east of Danville and Oakland. Governed by county rules/regulations and a homeowner association (HOA), 24-hour security plus additional law enforcement contracted through the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office is provided by HOA dues.
Blackhawk has a country club, two golf courses, sports complex, restaurants, and the adjacent Blackhawk Plaza.
Blackhawk is divided into seven individual gated communities scattered along Blackhawk Road, connected by a 3-mile (4.8 km) long jogging trail.
- Hidden Oaks consists of 206 homes and in 1978 was the first Blackhawk community to be completed. Most homes are on half-acre lots.
- Oakridge consists of medium-sized homes ranging from 2000 to 3,000 square feet (280 m2), though a few large estates reside on the top of a private court.
- Saddleback, the second community completed, is home to some of the most lavish homes in the entire Blackhawk development, most lots being no less than 5 acres (20,000 m2) in size.
- Silver Oak is an upscale condo complex.
- Silver Maple is designed around one of the main Blackhawk Country Clubs's golf holes, though no roads connect it to the rest of the main Blackhawk Country Club. It consists of approximately 110 custom homes between 2500-5000 Square Feet.
- Blackhawk Country Club ("Main Gates") is the largest of the six communities.
- Real Estate in Blackhawk varies in prices from $975,000 to over $5,000,000 with the median sales price in 2017 being $1,600,000.